You are being redirected - hold on tight!

Monday, September 24, 2007

Iraq: Wack Tactics -- Using Weapons as "Bait"

The Washington Post reports today that the military has had sniper teams in Iraq leave "bait" in the form of weapons and explosives material. They then kill whoever happens to try to leave with the items. One has to wonder if it has occurred to the Pentagon mega-minds behind this latest strategy that in a country with a thriving black market, civilians would be remiss in leaving perfectly good wire, explosives, or weapons just laying out there. When it comes to weapons, if I were an Iraqi civilian, I know I'd rather have the ammo that's sitting in the middle of the street than let some extremist take it and then turn around and use it on me or my family. This is a dumb, wrongheaded policy and it ought to be halted. Now.

No comments: