You are being redirected - hold on tight!

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Music: Let's All Chip in and Buy Iggy Pop a Shirt


There I was, just minding my own business this morning and then WHAM! two separate and discrete pictures of topless Iggy Pop in two totally seperate venues. Not that this comes as a surprise.

For years Iggy has been unwelcome in fast food joints across the country for his no shirts/ sometimes shoes policy. The picture below didn't really phase me -- Iggy at last night's Rock and Roll Hall of lame ceremony accompanied by Madonna (who looks a lot like my Aunt Gail these days) and Justin Timberlake (who appears to be posing for his stamp portrait). Iggy, sans shirt, appears to be enjoying a personal day at the beach despite his surroundings. His hair is even blowing in the sea breeze.


But the picture that made me slap my forehead, leaving a red palm print of shame, was the one below. That's Iggy in the studio emoting in the voice-over role of 'Lil Cheney for Comedy Central's nearly funny show Lil' Bush.

Now I admire Iggy's fight against the tyranny of the shirted but it's not like we're looking at LL Cool J's abs here. More to the point, is there any activity that Iggy does that he feels actually requires a shirt?

No comments: